Oil-Immersed Power Transformer (Organic/Mineral Oil)
Up to 36kV
Natural ester as dielectric liquid
- Excellent dielectric properties:
- It has a high water saturation point, which allows it to maintain high breakdown voltage values with a high water content.
- •High fire resistance:
- High flash point (>300 ºC) and fire point (>350 ºC),much higher than those of mineral oils.
- It is classified as a K class liquid (Fire point > 300 ºC)according to Standard IEC 61100.
- Better behaviour against fire than mineral oil transformers.
- High biodegradability in ground and water due to its natural composition.
- It is not ecotoxic.
- Long service life:
- It prolongs the life of the cellulosic insulations thanks to its high water retention capacity.
- Recyclable and reusable in other favourable environmental products (biodiesel) at the end of itsservice life.
- The electrical characteristics and dimensions of thetransformer are not affected*.
ADVANTAGES COMPARED TO OTHER DIELECTRIC LIQUIDS
- Superior dielectric properties with high water content:
- Higher breakdown voltage with high water content (much higher water saturation level than mineral oils).
- Higher level of safety:
- Higher fire and flash points than the rest of dielectric liquids.
- Non-toxic product.
- Recyclable and reusable at the end of its service life.
- Increases the service life of the transformer:
- Increases the service life of the cellulosic insulations thanks to its high water saturation point.
- Lower generation of gas during the electrical stress that it endures during operation.
- Severe oxidation tests show that the acids generated in the natural ester do not decrease its breakdown voltage or affect copper negatively